Sunday, July 10, 2016

Letting go of today...

I've cooked, cleaned, shopped, washed clothes, in anticipation of what tomorrow will bring.  Today, I'm finding myself following him everywhere he goes.  When I don't see him, I search until I find him.  I sit and watch him when he is outside working on the pool....He loves working on that thing...Probably therapy for him and everything happening in the next week.  

June 28 will forever change my life.  The one thing I hate most....cancer has come uninvited once again.  It came in 1982 and took the very thing I needed most in my life (at the time)...my Mom....I don't do life without her.....I watched that uninvited guest rob her of everything she held dear...her life....And now, it has come in my life again to take the very thing I need most in my life.....My love.....I don't do life without him.....I find the bitterness really creeping in my life today....We should be on vacation, running around a beach, eating way too much, laughing with our boys, seeing sights we've never seen before....Instead I smell healing broth boiling in my kitchen, while I watch my dryer spin round and round with the sheets that will be nice and clean for him to sleep tonite.......Because tomorrow is the first day of our new life....

No comments: