Thursday, January 12, 2017

Welcome Back Mom

This Christmas came and went and I just realized I didn't think of my mother once. In fact, I can't remember the last time I thought about her. Am I that busy? Or, is she boxed up in a chapter of my life that doesn't exists any longer. But today, I am here cleaning, playing music in the background and I heard the song, A Change of Heart, by Paul Cardall. I wasn't impacted by the title until I wrote it down.
I remember my mom lying in her bed during her final days, I would rub her head to calm her and with tears streaming down my face, I made a promise to her in my head, I would never forget her, I would think of her in my every day life. But as time always does, it pushes us forward with new adventures and trials. You find your life much too busy to just sit. Until you finally realize, many years have come and gone.
Just when I feel a sense of guilt for not recollecting my mom in my everyday life, I see her wherever I look. I see her in the beauty of my eldest sister. I see her in the sensitivity of my next to eldest sister. I see her in the humor of my third eldest sister. I see a glimpse of her in each and every one of my nieces and nephews.
Jesus took my mom from me to her forever home much too soon, but true to HIS promise, HE will never leave thee nor forsake thee. HE gives me gracious reminders of my mom each and everyday. I just have to be still long enough to sense them. It is no different with HIM.
Thank you Jesus for giving me such an incredible Mom. And for hope and strength. Because today, I miss her.

No comments: